CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Still His little girl



In the midst of a tear-filled afternoon one spring day, my friend Elayne gave me the most wonderful picture of God: A business man, sitting in a meeting, when his little girl runs in. He puts up his hand, halting all the important matters being addressed, and patting his knee, says "Come here, baby, what do you need?" Our God is always ready to listen, nothing is too small or too big, and when we come running to Him, we can know that whatever we are carrying, it's a priority to Him. How amazing is that?! I am important to HIM, the Creator of the Universe, the same God that gave Moses the 10 commandments, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the One who delivered Daniel and comforted Job, knows ME, loves me, has a plan for me. He is always ready with a hug, or to hold me for awhile til the aching goes away.
A bruised knee or a broken heart, He is always ready to comfort, always knows exactly what we need for our wounds to be healed.
When our spirit is completely crushed, the blinding pain overwhelms us, and all we can do is crumple to the ground and sob in despair, He picks us up, sets us back on our feet, and says "Don't give up now! Trust me. There is always hope in me! Here's my strength, lean on me,,,there you go."
Sometimes He doesn't remove instantly what is hurting us so badly, because He knows we need it to grow, but His kiss can always ease the pain.
My Papa God says to me: "I know it hurts. It hurts me to see you in so much pain! It's never easy to change, and you are becoming the woman I planned for you to be, but you still will always be my little girl." I can climb into His lap and He wraps me up in His strong arms where I feel so safe and warm. He rocks me gently, holding my head against his big shoulder, and whispers,,, "It'll be ok."
--Tracey Miller

"Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in him, for he shields him all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between his shoulders." Deuteronomy 33:12

2 comments:

Beth Stetler said...

excellent thoughts, tracey!

Anonymous said...

You got great points there, that's why I always visit your blog, it seems that you are an expert in this field. keep up the good work, My friend recommends your blog.

My blog:
rachat des credits rachat de credit