CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Awww!



About 2 am Thursday morning, I had one of those sweet moments that you never forget! Sage, my friend Danyielle's youngest and Stephen's best girl, was spending the night (or trying to anyways). As "the hour grew late", she had asked for "Mommy" a couple times, but was easily distracted. After several episodes of Little Bear, and many moves from the big easy chair to the couch and back again, she finally let me rock her to sleep. As soon as I laid her down in the bunk beds though, she woke up and began crying in earnest. I want my Mommy!! I want my MOMMY! I hugged, patted an reassured to the best of my abilities, but she wasn't buying any of it! Then, as I continued to soothe, patting her little bottom, I quietly said, "It's ok, It's ok, I'm here,,,I'm here, Sage", with more heart-breaking sobs, she wailed, "But I want my OTHER mommy!!" :-) She's totally won my heart!!! (as if she hadn't already)


Here are a few more pics of "the twins": Back-deck parade, camping, 4wheelin', and at the beach. They are pretty much inseperable and get along extremely well for "almost 4 yr. olds". Stephen says: "I love her! She's MINE!!" :-)

3 comments:

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

See, I told you another one would fit in just fine!!! Think of all those rocking moments you could get in!!! :-)

Jolinda said...

I am enjoying your blog. Maybe I'll start my own soon. Keep up the cute stories and pix!

Vonnie said...

She is adorable. Can't wait to see her and you all tomorrow at church!!